• Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
• Distance: 4,5 kilomters
• Difficulty: Easy
• Language: English, German and Spanish
Description of the guided route. The New Volcano of La Palma
- Discover the new volcano of La Palma and its consequences. The land cracked on the 19th of September 2021 and created the Youngest land of the Continent. Its consequences are like the two sides of a coin.
- The uglier side being the destruction of homes and working places of many local families of which only their memories from living there remain.
- The prettier side, being able to see mother nature, the strongest force on this planet and its ability to create such overwhelming landscape in only several months.
- On our tour, we will take you to the top, back side of the volcano on a 4.5km route through a comfortable path from where we can observe the force of the volcano.
- The path starts from the first historic volcano registered on 1480, Tacande volcano or known by the locals as “La montaña Quemada” (the Burnt mountain).
- Wear comfortable clothing and suitable footwear, as well as a jacket and some rain protection if necessary.
- It is also advisable to bring sun protection and a cap or hat.
- Bring some water and some food.
- Never deviate from the marked paths.
- Carry a mobile phone with sufficient battery.
- In case of emergency, call the emergency telephone number in the Canary Islands: 112.