Guided route through the National Park of Caldera de Taburiente
- Duration: 6 hours
- Distance: 15,5 kilomters
- Difficulty: High
- Language: English, German and Spanish
Description of the guided route
Heart of the island Caldera de Taburiente
A big crater with 8 kilometers in diameter and up to 1,800 meters deep, formed from large landslides over the centuries, the heart of La Palma and a symbol of respect and love for the
Covered with canarian pine trees, ravines with permanent courses of water, waterfalls and some geological formations of high interest, where the oldest lavas of La Palma flourish.
The Caldera de Taburiente shows a large part of the history of the geology of La Palma, which has aroused the interest of scientists from all over the world and especially geologists.
- Wear comfortable clothing and suitable footwear, as well as a jacket and some rain protection if necessary.
- It is also advisable to bring sun protection and a cap or hat.
- Bring some water and some food.
- Never deviate from the marked paths.