Thematic Hiking La Zarza
• Duration: 3-4 hours
• Distance: 7.5 km
• Cumulative elevation gain: 300m
• Difficulty: Medium
• Dense vegetation, laurel forest
• Route type: Circular
• Languages: Spanish, English, French
Meeting point: Cultural Center of la Zarza (map)
Starting from the Archeological Park of la Zarza, our tour begins inside a laurel forest. One of the most attractive of the island of la Palma. We will talk to you about it, as well as identify some species, their use throughout the centuries by the local population and even the importance of the North of the island for the subsistence economy (livestock, agriculture, food use, trade, etc).
At some point in our tour, we will have some great views of the cliffs of the coast from the viewpoint of Doña Pola. At that point, we are going to have a break for a snack.
Since the forest is so special and calm, we will ask you to walk the last kilometer in silence in order to be able to hear and feel the magic of this place.
At the end of the tour, you can visit the Cultural Center (currently closed), as well as the guide will provide you with information about places you can visit the rest of the day around the area.
- Wear comfortable clothing and suitable footwear, as well as a jacket and some rain protection if necessary.
- It is also advisable to bring sun protection and a cap or hat.
- Bring plenty of water and something to eat.
- Never deviate from the marked paths.