Thematic Hiking: Cubo de la Galga
- Duration: 3 hours, 30 minutes
- Distance: 4 kilometers
- Difficulty: Medium
- Language: Spanish and English
Meeting point: Punto de Información Ambiental Cubo de La Galga
Join us in a hiking tour through time entering a millenial forest which will allow us to observe the main own varieties of this ecosystem: viñátigos, aceviños, barbuzanos, laurels, ferns and linden trees. This type of forest was expanded all over the planet till the Ice Age began after which it could survive in certain isolated, warmer areas. We will find a great varietay of trees, plants and flowers typical of the laurel forest. We are going to recognize a lot of these as well as we ar going to talk about their properties and their value for the local people.
A spectacular tour for its beauty and for its ecologic and natural value that justifiably is called the enchanted forest.
- Wear comfortable clothing and suitable footwear, as well as a jacket and some rain protection if necessary.
- It is also advisable to bring sun protection and a cap or hat.
- Bring water and food.
- Never deviate from the marked paths.